In spirit of Halloween and fall I wanted to share a fun post. Fall is by far my favorite time of year and has the best holidays to boot! Plus, Who doesn’t love Pumpkin EVERYTHING?! In keeping with that, over the weekend I made some very delicious Pumpkin Pecan Vegan Cupcakes. They were a huge hit and were gone within hours. Luckily, I hid a couple away so I could enjoy them later. The recipe I used only makes 12 so I had to triple it so keep that in mind when making your own festive treats! 🙂
Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes:
- 1 cup of Sugar
- *2/3 cup Wheat Flour
- *1 cup White Flour (*I used the same kind of flour for both measurements)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- *1 cup Soy Milk (I used Coconut Milk)
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil or melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree, unsweetened
Frosting(Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting):
- 1/2 cup Soy Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (1 Stick)
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk (or soy creamer)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- dash of Cinnamon
- Spooky toppings like spiders, witches, ghosts, or vampires
- You want to start with the frosting so that it has time to chill while you make the rest. Mix all ingredients together until fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line cupcake tins with liners or grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry cupcake ingredients.
- Slowly stir in the rest of the liquid cupcake ingredients. The pumpkin should make the batter pretty thick but not clumpy. Finally add the pecans.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes
- Cool the cupcakes completely before icing
- You can either pipe frosting or simply spread with a knife.
- Add sprinkles and toppings (optional)
Pouring Batter into Cupcake Tins.
Happy Baking and Halloween!